Applying the tools
Yesterday I made the statement that the "tools" I shared are WORTHLESS until they are APPLIED. Just reading them will not soften the pain of grief. Their purpose is to guide the writing of grief feelings.
To live as a griever we must:
* claim our circumstances instead of being claimed by them.
* be able to have fond memories of our loved one without being overwhelmed with feelings of guilt or regret.
* find new meaning to life without the fear of being abandoned.
* agree it is OK to feel bad from time to time, and to talk about those feelings.
* be able to forgive others when they say or do things you know are based on a lack of knowledge, understanding, or personal experience.
It is possible to RECONCILE ourselves to grief...to make peace with it. Take time to read over the list of "tools" again. Determine if there is any unfinished business that falls into one of these sentences...express it...write it down...get it out.
Tomorrow we will look at the signs of a supportive relationship. Thank you for following and sharing these materials. ⚘🙏⚘🙏⚘🙏
Bob Willis, author
"A Guide for Grievers"
"JESUS: The CRUCIFIED CAREGIVER