If I have only 1 opportunity to talk with a griever, I want to discuss the "heart" of the material I use. Completing these sentences will guide grief to become MOURNING:
* "I want to thank you for....."
* "My fondest memory of you is....."
* "I want to apologize to you for....."
* "I forgive you for....."
* "It feels good when I think of....."
* "It hurts when I think of....."
* "It makes me angry when....."
* "I feel guilty when....."
* "Something I always wanted to tell you was....."
* "I wish I had....."
* "I would like to have heard you say....."
* "I want you to know....."
Take your time to complete these sentences. Write as much as you need to. You are the only one who knows when it is complete.
These "tools" can be used to organize and express the emotions of grief following the loss of a loved one.
They can also be helpful with expressing emotions to someone who is still alive. They can be useful to someone going thru the hurtful emotions of separation or divorce. This exercise can put words to the pain so they can be expressed.
Please consider using this material and sharing it with others who struggle with grief or broken relationships. 🙏⚘🙏⚘
Bob Willis, author
"A Guide for Grievers"
"JESUS: The CRUCIFIED CAREGIVER"
Leave a Reply.