"A mourning moment" by bob willis
Do you have an imagination? I would like for you to pretend with me for a moment.
Let's pretend! Let's pretend that instead of your loved one dying...you died! Imagine you died and left your family to deal with the grief you are feeling now. How would you respond to these questions?
* Do you want your family to cry after you die?
* Do you want your family to laugh after you die?
* How long do you want your family to grieve?
* Do you want your family to make plans and move on with their lives?
* If they struggle with grief, if they have good days and bad days...what advice would you give them?
* How do you want them to remember you on your birthday and on holidays?
* What message of encouragement would you want your family to hear from you?
Of course this little exercise is all pretend. But it may reveal what is important in your grief journey. Give yourself the same freedoms you would want your family to have after your death. It may change the way you look at life and death.
Thank you for following and sharing these articles. I am always open to add new friends on Facebook as we walk this journey together.
Bob Willis, author
"A Guide for Grievers"
"JESUS: The CRUCIFIED CAREGIVER"
Leave a Reply.